Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall's in the Air with Fred, She Said Designs

 There's a crispness in the air, a freshness in the wind.  Oh how we dreamed of this time in Illinois when we were facing the triple digit temperatures this summer.  I don't think we will have the gorgeous fall leaves that we normally have as there was no rain to speak of in the heat.
Instead, I tried to get the feel of that by using some of my unique Fall papers on my latest card!  K & Company has this great series called Fall Harvest-the 2 matted squares are from the Words Embossed Paper and the Leaves Foil Paper is the background paper with copper foil veins in each leaf-yummy.  I added the paper ribbon of Indiana Corn paper BUT the center of attraction is the PERFECT pre-colored digital from Fred, She Said Designs --they are colored with such detail that you don't need to add anything to get the depth we all love! A lover of bling that I am though, I wanted to make the sunflowers POP so I added Lemon Ice Stickles on the petals and I love the effect.  This is a great card to use to wish your friends a Happy Fall Ya'll or as you go to a Friends house for that Thanksgiving Feast-Don't go empty-handed, take a card...and your appetite!

6 comments:

  1. I love those pumpkins! Great paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image and the papers are perfect. I'm hoping for fall like weather down here in Texas. But for now, it's still more like summer (shorts and flip flops) but way cooler than it was about a month ago!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Carolyn. I love the papers you used. Fall is my favorite time of year and you've captured the feeling of it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - beautiful paper! Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the sparkle of the stickles : )

    ReplyDelete