Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Challenge #55-Tie A Ribbon Round It-Southern Girls Challenge


There's A Surprise from Southern Girls Challenge~ME!

That's right- In the middle of September, I was asked to join the group as a Design Team member and was thrilled to accept!  I'm a member of Team Lou and once a month, we create a theme card~This week we want to see ribbons on your projects, well ribbon, bakers twine, twine etc you get the idea, as long as it comes on a spool it is all good :)

Our Awesome sponsors are:
  
This is the card I designed for the Challenge.  I used the Blocks-Hummingbird image from Bugaboo!  isn't it gorgeous?  These flowers almost remind me of the purple asters that you see in the Fall of the year so I put a few Autumn Leaves mixed in with leaves.  The feathers are such a fun accent~I thought the yellow, pink, and deep purple colors gave some dimension to the card and  
really set off the handmade flower that was given to me by a dear friend-thanks Mel! Then, I used a heavy crocheted cotton ribbon to anchor all the elements.
Back to the Nuts & Bolts of the Challenges here 
on SGC:
The Challenges will be posted fortnightly on a Thursday and are open to crafters worldwide.  they close at 12:01 pm on the Tuesday of the second week.  Each week there will be 2 prizes, One for Australian/New Zealand entries and another for entrants  from the rest of the world.  Only 1 entry per person.  The idea is to have fun and play along, the bonus is the prizes!  Prize winners are chosen by Random.Org and the top 5 are chosen by the Design Team.
I would love to have you join us and see all the great creations-there are TONS of people playing and it's very interesting to see the creations from all over the world!  Thanks for looking and come back and visit real soon!
Carolyn



1 comment:

  1. Congratulatiions on your DT post! I just started playing & following the Southern Girls Challenges.

    Roxx.T

    ReplyDelete