Followers

Monday, October 14, 2013

Frankie wants his Cupcake for a Squigglefly Halloween Treat!

 It's almost time for all the spooks and goblins to come out to play for Halloween!  At Squigglefly, Frankie-the adorable image from Cheryl Alger, is going after a yummy cupcake for his treat!  I popped him up on foam dots for dimension, colored with copics.  The cupcake was cut out with an Impression Obsession die cut using Swiss Dot gold card stock from Bazzill.  The icing is from card stock called Ice Gold from The Paper Cut.  It's an iridescent shimmery gold color.  This pre-scored card blank is from The Paper Cut Company and is called the Cupcake Swinging Z-fold card blank  in the new color, Orange Fizz.  Just in time for Fall or Halloween!  I used a Bronze glitter from Martha Stewart.  I used a Batty paper from The Paper Studio matted in black on the inside.  In the die cut set from IO, there's an outline die of the whole cupcake so I like to use those as a small insert where I can stamp a picture or journal a verse, which is what I did with the pumpkin stamp.  The inside of the card makes a great place to use my larger Happy Birthday stamp with lots of room to write a greeting.
Be sure and check out Squigglefly's Latest Challenge where they want your Halloween cards!  If you use a SF image, you could win another one for your growing library.  They have so many new artists coming on board, there's tons of designs to choose from.  We'd love for you to join us! 



3 comments:

  1. For goodness sake, Carolyn, give Frankie his cupcake - we don't want to make him mad! Your card is so, so adorable and I really like the spinning cupcake - although not too sure about Frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun Carolyn! I can see why he wants this cupcake - it looks delish! I love how you did this card - fun scary which is the best kind! Fun stuff. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun fold you used here Carolyn, and I love the coloring on Frankie! I really like that batty paper you used on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete