Followers

Monday, March 24, 2014

Aurora Wings is a Wonderful match for Seems a Little Sketchy!

The Fantasy Art that is Aurora Wings has partnered with Seems a Little Sketchy on this week's 2 week challenge.  They have been so generous to the Winner of the contest by offering a $15 gift certificate as a Prize!

I love the large beautiful eyes that she has in some of her images and the whimsical subjects.  The image that I chose is called Forget me Not and is so Springlike.

You can see here the sketch from SALS that we used on our Art pieces.  I love making layered cards and, while my image is a little larger, I wanted it to be the focus on the card.  I used copics for all the coloring, rayon seam binding for the bow (I distressed the binding with walnut ink and wadded it up and let it dry all creased), and 2 stick pins that I had in my stash.  And here is the finished card:

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous with wonderful fresh spring colouring. Love the flower circles behind her.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, this is AMAZING! Love everything about it! So jealous of your coloring abilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori that you for your sweet thoughts! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Very cute card Carolyn & your coloring is amazing! Very, very nice work Hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it--I always worry about hair for some reason!!

      Delete
  4. Wow Carolyn, this is superb and I, too, am awestruck by your coloring (and slightly jealous), and the floral papers just go so well with your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Carolyn! Love how she looks like she's in a secret garden all surrounded with flowers. So beautiful and Springy. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to be there! I love the digis at Aurora Wings and am so glad you gals offered up the invite! thanks for the Luv!

      Delete
  6. Carolyn, your card is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings with your lovely creation. Best of luck to you! hugs Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you've visited my site! I love these images on AW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute image! I just found Aurora Wings yesterday and bought a very challenging image that took me a long time to color and kicked my butt! But I love it!!! Your card is precious. Love it!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE how fresh your colours are - beautifully done.
    Thanx so much for joining us for our first ever challenge at Aurora Wings
    xXx

    ReplyDelete