Followers

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Using a Springtime Oriental Girl digital image from All Dressed Up!

I was so happy to get this new release from All Dressed Up -I love how graceful and dainty this Oriental Girl was drawn by Wendy Burns, our artist in residence!  I instantly started thinking about every little bit of scrap in my embellishment stash that would go with her~
I absolutely love the shine and glossy look that Asian women's' hair has and tried to duplicate it with this image.  I wanted her finished look to softly stand out from the flowered paper so I edged the paper with some Tim Holtz Distressed ink.  Then I used a laser cut bird house along with some additional bird cut outs to accent the Cherry Blossom branches that I hot glued on the card.  And how appropriate that the Cherry Blossoms are blooming this week in Washington DC!

On the inside, I repeated with the flower paper and also used the extra wording that paper manufacturers often add to the sheets-there were bonus ones on this paper-front and back, bonus!!  We hope that you will stop by our All Dressed Up site and start following it!  There's always a new release every month of 4 images and of course, our Challenge.  We'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment