Followers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sweet Stampin is Swatting Bugs!

I don't know about you but I'm waking to the sounds of birdsong & I saw my first Spring bug of the year the other day!  So in honour of the approaching Spring, Sweet Stamp wants to see Something Nature related with some Bugs, Bees or Ladybirds on your creations.
I choose Embossible Designs paper by We R Memory Keepers.  I have several but decided to use the red checkerboard (picnic Table right?) and the other part of the paper was embossed ANTS. 
Summer Black eyed Susans are colored with Copics-did you know that they come in this Indian Summer variety?  I mounted it on the red Label Nestie and punched vertical slots on each side, threading "ladybug" ribbon through, looping it around and anchoring it with white button brads.  Added a wonderful sentiment trimmed with a homemade ladybug and also put one on the ribbon. 
The inside has a white and red plaid liner that's looped under the ribbon band.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what fabulous colours - I love the deep red! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey I love Sweet Stampin-always such neat ideas! Thanks for your comments!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  2. Adorable card, your paper was a perfect pick. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the pretty image and the red touches on your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamping this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete