Followers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Halloween Challenge on Squiggle Fly # 37

When I think of Halloween, I think of Straw mazes, carving pumpkins, decorating outdoors with Scarecrows and multi-colored mums everywhere.  Here in the Midwest, it's fun to build a bonfire and huddle around it with a warm apple cider and maybe a marshmallow or two-Yummy!
At Squiggle Fly this week, they are celebrating the wonder of the Fall season with Halloween. When you use a Squiggle Fly image like I have used, Bring on the Crows by Marla Shega, you have an opportunity to win a free digi.  They even have freebies that are available!  I used some green floral DP along with a fantastic pumpkin paper by KandCompany.  Topped with some raveled burlap made into a ribbon with threaded button accents.  I LOVE Marla's images because of the detail she puts into the digis.  Colored with copics, using spellbinder die cut, I elevated him up with pop dots.  Finishing off with a simple stamp, this will be perfect to send to my  special family!

7 comments:

  1. Outstandingly sensational!!! I absolutely LOVE what you've created here. The coloring is superb and it's the neatest design for the Halloween season.

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent with us at Squigglefly.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful - I love this image as well!! Your coloring is perfect, as is the wonderful DP! I really like how you've framed Mr. Scarecrow with the lovely die! Thanks for playing along at Squigglefly this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarecrow is super cute! I love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Squigglefly this week. He's gonna be perfect for Halloween and for Thanksgiving. Great Work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn your card is awesome! I really love the burlap piece you used in the back. It adds such a great texture to the whole card and is the perfect compliment to the scarecrow. Fantastic pumpkin paper too. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge. I always love seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, your card is stunning! I love the burlap background and your colouring is amazing. That SB die is perfect for this image! Thanks for playing along at Squigglefly this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this card and your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete