Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Squigglefly Challenge #43--Be Square~WINNER!!

This week's challenge on Squiggle Fly was to use at least 2 squares on your project.  I've been wanting to use this digital image by one of their Artists, Diana Garrison and her creation called Butterfly Beauties.  The Beauty of using a digital image is that you can alter the size of them to suit your needs.  Now I must say that a larger image would have been SO much easier to color with my copics but then I couldn't have used the square features!
I used the SQUARE Renaissance Spell Binder die, SQUARE mat buttons, SQUARE embossed grid folder that I ran through my Cuttlebug with deep blue cardstock, and <<chuckles>> an ELONGATED SQUARE image by Diana (otherwise known as a rectangle!).  Some accent features on this card are the iridescent Stickles that I used on the Moon and the pale yellow sheer ribbon with swirls to compliment the scroll work on the die.
The Challenge is even more interesting this week because there wasn't a winner in last week's contest--now 2 images are up for grabs!  Wish me luck!! Thanks for looking, Carolyn

12 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty! I love your frame and the butterfly scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, I love the soft colors you used on this - it's such a beautiful card. Wonderful coloring too. The square buttons are a great touch for the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly. Your cards are always such a pleasure to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy that you like it-the digi is such a cool one! and I was so happy to use a long forgotten folder on the cardstock-it worked out perfectly!!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  3. Adorable card! I love the colors you chose, and the coloring is splendid! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out - the color choices are perfect . I have this image also and just love it! Thanks for joining the Squigglefly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to use her images! Thank you for your great comment!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  5. WOW WOW WOW, Carolyn! Three wow's for that creation, just stunning work. Love it. That's a great image and I love the decorated die cut you used and those awesome square buttons. Great work!!

    Holley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holley!! I'm thrilled that you like it! I don't use those colors together that often but like how it turned out!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  6. Carolyn,
    This is an awesome card. I LOVE it... The colors, the square doily just the whole card is fabulous..
    TFS,
    Barb S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb!! Glad you stopped by for a visit-please come back soon :o)!
      Carolyn

      Delete