Followers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

May your colors be True, with Red White and Blue --on Squigglefly Challenge #24

 Since the 4th of July is approaching, many of us here in the USA are thinking of the summer Holiday, but, you don't have to create a 4th of July card, you are welcome to create any card using the red, white and blue color scheme to qualify. We'd love to see you use a Squigglefly image, if you want to win the prize, it's required, but to play along, it's not necessary.
I'm using one of the images called "Fancy Cup with Rose" by Pammie Lehto, a new artist we have at Squigglefly.  I love the shading that's imbedded in the image-it made the rose come alive when I used my deep red copics.  I tried to make the cup appear as if it was fine china with a tint of pink in the crevices but the picture seems to wash out the light pinks.  I used foam dots to lift the image for dimension.  I added a swirl of bling and stars in the opposite corners for some sparkle like fireworks!  The inside is finished with a blue jean looking paper with stars on it.  Thanks for looking! Carolyn

I would also like to enter this in this challenge:



10 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh love that beautiful rose Carolyn! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gf! I'm so pleased with the way it turned out!

      Delete
  2. This is indeed a gorgeous card! Love your colouring of that fine rose Carolyn, it really looks like velvet! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you visited my blog Ira! High compliments coming from one so talented as you! Hope you will come back soon or join my blog~
      Carolyn

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Carolyn! I love the rich red you used to color your rose, and the sentiment is really special; especially when combined with the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work and a lovely saying that you added to your card. Thanks for playing with the Hobbyists this week. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure HOW I missed this card. Such a gorgeous flower and super colors. You rocked that RW&B challenge for sure! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. Gorgeous coloring on that rose, and reds aren't easy with Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! It's just beautiful. Love the coloring. It's just fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!

    ReplyDelete