Followers

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Come and Get It Challenge is ATG!! Come see my Sherri Baldy Harvest Girl Thanksgiving card!

Oh I do so love this time of year when the leaves are turning beautiful colors, there's a crispness in the air and you are just Thankful for seeing all the Season's Beauty.
Over at Come and Get It we have a Challenge going on and would love to see whatever creation you'd like to share with us!  Di's Digis is our sponsor this week and it's an ATG Challenge-we all love those don't we!
The Image I chose to use is called Img654 Lil Harvest Indian Girl by Sherri Baldy.  I just adore her and love all the intricate details that Sherri's drawn into this image.  From her leather wrapped hair, the beading on her dress and boots, then to the feathers in her hair or the
buckskin she's wearing--It was all so much fun to color. 
I'm still trying to learn more and more about Prismacolor pencils when I've been hooked on Copics forever.  So I find that I tend to use a blend of both.  The pencils for the fine detail and tight spaces and the copics for a more broad application.  The Best of both Worlds in my opinion.  On this card, I used a dark brown heavily creased handmade paper in the background.  Then I used a leafy cream print that really brings out the buckskin color.  I added a touch of raffia wrap and then 2 thick accents in the corner that were actually found in the party aisle--they were Picks that you might insert in a cupcake perhaps.  I'm always looking in unusual places for embellishments-not just in the scrapbook area of a store.  Think outside the box.  On the inside, an acorn design paper, stamped sentiment from KKS and then I glued the tiny leaf(s) on the mat and down the page..like falling leaves!  Hope you like-come on over and join us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment