Followers

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Star Stampz sponsors us at Crafting When We Can! Come on Over!

 This week we were given a challenge on the Crafting While We Can DT team of working with 3 "colors":  Black, White, and 1 Color---I chose YELLOW.  You can figure out why I picked yellow--It's the FIREFLIES <<grins>>, and that's the name of this image by Star Stampz.  She's always been a great Sponsor for us-neat images, so check out her Etsy site.
Instead of just leaving the background white, I chose several shades of grays and black to create the night sky, her dress, the ground and grass, and her hair.  Then to make the Fireflies stand out more, I used Copic FYG1 and they just glow!  I LOVE macro dot papers so found one that was appropriate to use and mounted that to a cheery textured yellow/white polkadot paper.  I used a sentiment from KKS stamped with white ink on black cardstock and topped off with yellow epoxy dots.  The black and white narrow checked ribbon is a pretty accent, don't you think?  On the inside I used the yellow dotted paper to brighten it and a rubber stamp from my stash with "Best Wishes".  We would love to have you join us over at Crafting When We Can-great opportunity to get a prize!  We'll be looking for you!
 



2 comments:

  1. Adorable night scene Carolyn and I love the cute little firefly's..great colour combo..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that would be a hard challenge and would likely throw me into a major tizzy. I do admire how you 'rose to the challenge' because this card is gorgeous and so striking.

    ReplyDelete