Followers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paper Piecing challenge from Squiggle Fly-Luv It! WINNER!!

One of my first things I learned to love when I started Scrapbooking was the Love of Paper Piecing!  My daughter and I would cut all the little layers from cardstock and patterned paper and then sell our creations on Ebay.  Then came the popularity of the computer generated images and the "old ways" were put aside.  But, I still  love the look and feel of layering and being able to create the depth of pp on my scrapbooking projects.  
This week Squiggle Fly is making me smile by giving us all a chance to create using our visual senses...lets see how we will make the cardboard box of the Cheryl Alger's Little Astronaut look dimensional!  I printed 2 images, just lightly colored the base then detailed colored the 2nd image at the box and the bucket.  Those areas were fancy cut and mounted with pop dots.  I also crimped the blue forms used for the legs complete with dangling feet-the arm sleeves I just mounted without the crimping.
I hope you will join us on Squiggle fly, it's a great chance to build up your digi library because if you use a SF image, you could win another one.  That's how I got this one--from their Facebook site--by commenting to a question!  
Please remember to also check out the prior post for the Seems A Little Sketchy challenge that runs for 2 weeks.  By using the Seems a Little Sketchy sketch, you can be eligible for several prizes from 2 Sponsors!!

8 comments:

  1. I so LOVE your card! Your paper-piecing is fantastic on this! Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly!
    Hugz2u!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you rocked this challenge right out of the park Carolyn! Care if we use it on the front page of Scrapbook Place home page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and adorable card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Squigglefly this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn this is so darling and looks great with the dimension and texture you've given it. How creative to think to crimp the legs! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete