Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter cards are Peeping at Fred, She Says

I know...
You are all getting tired of me wishing for Spring!  BUT when you have such cute pre-colored images from Fred, She Says you can't help but get the itch for Spring!  That means Easter is right around the corner.  This card features a great digital image called Easter Chicky and comes with flowers across the bottom OR with a shell cap Or without either one-very versatile!  Tracey (aka Fred) has just released a great set called Marigold and Morpho and in that set is a beautiful rich colored solid marigold flower paper=that's what I used here.  I Wanted to recreate those old timey sugar eggs where you had the peep hole in the end and were able to look inside and see the scene.  Often there would be this lacey ruffle around the hole, like you see here. I stitched  it down as it had elastic in the center and was curling.  With an accent of 2 paper flowers, I'm already to mail this out!
Entering in the following challenge:  SBP challenge-Easter card

inside of card

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute chick and egg from "Fred She Said" designs. love her designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling chick, very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the frilly ruffle around the edge. I used to love those sugar eggs with the peep hole. One year I found out how to make your own and I made two for my kids when they were little. They were not easy to make and I had a lot of failures, but I ended up with two that were great. I think I liked them more than my kids did though!

    ReplyDelete