Followers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Make a Mother's Day card at Squiggle Fly! Challenge 1513







The image I'm using is called Time for the Spa by Lynne Stansbery, one of Squiggle Fly's great artists!  I can't think of a better gift that a relaxing massage in a great Spa!  I used the sketch furnished from Seems a Little Sketchy to make my layout easier.  The great background paper is from The Girl's Paperie and has a great vintage feel to it. I matted it with a pink floral and then mounted that to kraft paper.  Used an intricate frame die cut from Spellbinders to give the image a more girly look and then embellished the name of person we honor on her special day~ MOM~ with scrabble like squares.  My Mother has long gone to Heaven but I remember her so often as I go about my days.  She was a very special woman and someone that I admired and loved deeply.  May you all have that kind of relationship with your own Mom.
Be sure and check out 2 NEW IMAGES in the Squiggle fly store by Diana Garrison!  She does the most gorgeous designs!

8 comments:

  1. Love that image, and your card is prefect for it! The colors, the coloring, the sentiment and the design! Brava!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn,
    Wow, how pretty - the colors are soft and lovely and the Scrabble tiles look quite grand!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I am late in commenting - it has been a tough week and I need one of these massages - just looking at the image calms me! Super sketch too. Love the way you did the tiles to spell out Mom. Great card. Hugz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a mom but love, love, love massages! I love the paper you chose - such soft colours - they frame this image beautifully.

    ReplyDelete